Friday, December 29, 2006

Raining = Shopping!

It's raining. It was raining yesterday when we arrived, but now it's really raining. Shawn & I went to the Iolani Palace, but they didn't have audio tours until 11:45am and he wasn't into it -enough to go on a guided tour. Fortunately, there's a Plan B - shopping!

I took him to the Hilo Hattie flagship store on Nimitz (Hawaiian Mecca!) but after I didn't emerge from the sale section in our first 30 minutes, he was ready to leave. I drove him back to the hotel and then went back to Hilo Hatties! An hour and a half later, I was done. Well done enough to go to the other Hilo Hatties at the Ala Moana shopping center and get a few things that the flagship store did not have.

It stopped raining when I was driving back to the hotel so I planned to take Shawn hiking up Diamond Head. But as he was engrossed in football game on tv and hockey game on laptop, I headed to the beach instead.

No comments: